The Concussion Health Summit Sessions bring together an influential array of experts, practitioners, and innovators from a range of specialties who will discuss the latest knowledge and technology regarding diagnosing and treating concussions.
Through on-demand talks and live Q&As, recognized experts, caring clinicians, and industry leaders focus on patient-centric clinical guidelines that most effectively apply the latest evidence-based science in a best practices manner in concussion management.
On-Demand Educational Sessions
Include presentations, handouts, and question & answer sessions
Educational Session 1
Historical Perspective on Concussion + Q&A Session
Mark Lovell, PhD, ABN, FACPNEducational Session 2
Prescribing Aerobic Exercise for Sport-Related Concussion + Q&A Session
John Leddy, MD, FACSM, FACPEducational Session 3
Headache and Migraine Management Post-Head Trauma + Q&A Session
William Qubty, MDEducational Session 4
Visual Processing Dysfunction Caused by Concussion + Q&A Session
William Padula, OD, SFNAP, FAAO, FNORAEducational Session 5
Return to Learn + Q&A Session
Mark Halstead, MDEducational Session 6
New Approaches to Measuring Concussion Clinical Profiles + Q&A Session
RJ Elbin, PhDEducational Session 7
Vestibular Therapy in Concussion Management + Q&A Session
Anne Mucha, PT, DPT, MS, NCSEducational Session 8
Cervical Involvement Associated with Concussion + Q&A Session
Thomas Bottiglieri, DOEducational Session 9
Concussion & CTE: Past Present and Future + Q&A Session
Joseph Maroon, MD, FACSEducational Session 10
Persisting Symptoms After Concussion + Q&A Session
Donna Broshek, PhD, ABPP-CN; Jamie Pardini, PhD; Stanley Herring, MDEducational Session 11
How to Start a Concussion Management Program
Expert Panel: Summer Ott, Psy.D.; Brian Roberts, M.S., ATC, ITAT; Shane Miller, M.D.; Shelly Massingale, PT, MPT; Bridgett Wallace, PT, DPT
At the conclusion of the sessions, you will be able to:
- understand the role of history in concussion management regarded from an earlier and more traditional perspective to the contemporary point of view to aid in the development of better strategies in the future.
- utilize exercise intolerance as an objective biomarker of the physiological dysfunction after sport-related concussion.
- recognize other potential symptom generators than exercise intolerance (e.g., cervical, vestibular, oculomotor, mood, or migraine disorder) that could be contributing factors to a delayed recovery post-concussion.
- recognize new approaches in headache management in the concussion athlete.
- understand the impact of head trauma on both focal and ambient processes that result in visual and balance impairments.
- recognize the role of neuro-optometric rehabilitation as an effective tool to address visual dysfunction post head trauma.
- recognize existing ascending levels of educational support for students with a concussion as they return to school to promote robust and positive outcomes.
- recognize the benefit of a new concussion assessment tool that evaluates more specific symptoms that may reflect clinical profiles and inform better clinical care following head trauma.
- identify rehabilitation strategies to treat vestibular and ocular motor deficits post-concussion.
- recognize basic intervention strategies for the cervical spine and how and when to initiate treatment post-concussion.
- identify specific clinical tests to utilize following a head and neck pathomechanical event to differentiate between symptoms due to a concussion and cervical injury.
- recognize the various clinical trajectories post head trauma and how to implement findings into targeted therapies to address persistent symptoms after concussion.
This educational session has been submitted for renewal for 16 hours of continuing education credit for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Audiologists, and Athletic Trainers. 360 Neuro Health is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. CEU Certificates will be issued by the 360 Neuro Health Institute.